12.11.2008

All I want for Christmas... Help bring Reese Home!

Many of you have asked what I'd like for Christmas and well... as many of you know, I am very passionate about adoption... especially adoption of children with special needs. I'm so proud of my very dear friend McKenna (click HERE to check out her blog) and her husband, DJ who are adopting little Reese from Eastern Europe. Reese has Down syndrome, a cleft lip and a cleft palate. I think McKenna and DJ are amazing for adopting this little angel ... don't you agree? It is imperative that they get Reese home as soon as possible to get her clefts repaired. We suspect that the officials in Eastern Europe will NOT repair her clefts, as she is probably not seen as worthy of this surgery since she has Down syndrome. DOWN RIGHT SAD, huh?

A great Christmas gift for me would be if you'd help me help them, and it's free shipping! ;-) Please donated $10 or more to their adoption fund. Let's see if together, we can get to $1,000 by Christmas! And hopefully $3,000 of $25,000+ needed to get McKenna and her husband that much closer to bringing Reese home!" It is amazing how just $10 can add up and when you are adopting, every single penny counts!

So, what do you think? I know the economy pretty much sucks right now and I totally understand if you do not have even $10 to spare. But if you do, would you consider donating it to help get Reese home to her forever family? Click here to chip in!

1 comment:

Our Story: Continued said...

Ahhh...you're so sweet! You have no idea how appreciate I am of your support in bringing our baby home!!